Thursday, October 1, 2009

Call Me Crazy.

Even along this short time period since summer of 07', it's amazing to think back and reminisce over all the drastic changes that I've undergone; with myself and my surroundings. Somedays I just lay in bed, and I get random flashes of people I >used< to know. Back in Atlanta, GA, I could say that my life was pretty settled. I had the friends I needed, plus I was aware of my resources. I can still remember the drama that everyone dealt with and taking naps at Campbell's bleachers in the gym during the morning. I can remember in ROTC when I pushed the shit out of that girl for standing in my way during marching. I've seen old and new faces. Dudes who dropped out a few weeks before graduation and I witnessed firsthand the retirement of 1st Sergeant Amedeo (whom I still keep in touch with btw.) I remember driving 40 mins. outside of the city to the middle of nowhere with Julie just to get pho. I remember telling Jessica Pitts stupid shit, like how I enjoy masturbation (because I was a freshman.) Making fun of Melissa Guo all the time because she was a lesbian. Those funny ass lunchroom days with Kathy Quinche (whom I think is so very gorgeoussss!) Jackie Heim and Josh Meadows and Denzel. Also, morning talks with Aaron, the only Rican dude in town, who also happened to be a dope ass BBOY (miss you homie!) The bitter feuds I fought with dudes who thought they were better than me. Ignorant black people, preppy white people, funny ass teachers. Campbell was a small school, but giant in it's own way.

Then came my move to Florida. I anticipated hot weather in FL, but it was pretty funny, upon my arrival, happened to be the coldest in FL in 5 years. It was like 60 degrees and windy as shit, I mean like, Massachussetts weather! Made no sense! I applied for Freedom High School, but I didn't reside in their jurisdiction so they sent me to Cypress Creek. (BEAR PRIDE!) Oh how I miss that school to this very day. All of my friends were seniors, I sat outside during lunch enjoying the Florida sun while working on my farmers tan. Long convos with Rosalia and Damaris, my asian homie Jin and Nelson. Reuben Diaz, the short dominican dude that I had 7 classes with, and his perfect smile. Telling him about fashion, and how you shouldn't keep a condom in your wallet for a long time because the friction causes tears. I remember Jeffrey Jerez, I think he was dominican, but he looked Indian haha. Dr. England's Chemistry class with the Colombiano Crew! Jonathan, Fernando and El Gato! Making fun of Alexis and Crystal, Angel's funny ass antics. I miss taking the school bus, flying on the flat Florida roads. I miss all the money I saved working at El Flamboyan. I miss my boss Annie, and her 2 children that also worked there. The mexican guy who I called "EL FUEGO" in the back of the restaurant who never really told me his name. He had a heart of gold. We'd have 4 hour long convos in Spanish he'd give me rides home in his truck during those nights when it was too rainy to ride on my mountain bike. My mountain bike. R.I.P we've had many journeys.

It's funny how all my decision were based on only things that revolved around me. Falling in love, calling homies your brothers. And you look back, not regretting a thing. But I get this empty feeling in my chest, when I remember all of the things I been through. I had my own life there. Friends that were family to me. All of these people whom I don't even talk to anymore. It's kind of strange, almost like a love sick feeling.I've been there, done that and I wouldn't have chose it any other way. But even throughout all of this, I've never forgotten Philadelphia. Call me crazy, but this is where I belong.

thanks for reading. - peace to the outside, MAXITO!
sorry for the poor sentence structures. i guess i should have wrote bullets instead of paragraphs! btw, my dick.

1 comment: